Dec 10, 2006

Weekend Addition

I'm excited, but very tired. I'm currently juggling three projects against both my band and my day job, but I may soon be juggling 5 projects et al. One of these jobs is a lock, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the other one as well. If that happens I'll be set up to start the studio full time. It's scary but exciting. I hope I don't fall on my face here. This means anyway that I've got to get the new Visual Field site up ASAP (make that 6 projects) and really hone in on making my resume hum.

One of these projects is a layout project for a proposal that promises to be a great learning experience.

Rubber's really gonna hit the road here in a second.

I also recently read something in Noisy Decent Graphics that really struck a chord. It was sort of a pep-talk about doing things FOR REAL. If you're going to do something, do it for real. Say I want something written on a chalkboard. I should write it on a chalkboard and photograph it. I should do it for real. Finding some chalk font and pasting it on a stock photo of a blackboard is never going to look as good, or as real. Strong visuals are often made strong by the simple fact that they don't look computerized and composited, but are, in the truest sense, real.

I have long been the world's foremost offender of faking it. I hereby repent.

No comments: