Dec 6, 2006

Visual News

So it's tonight. I'm home from work where today I asked for (and received) the title of Art and Brand Director. This is good. I only had to spend a year reinventing the brand to get it, but to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm being driven insane by Illustrator CS2. It keeps crashing when I try to use the pathfinder tool. I. want. to. die. It has completely impaired my ability to do my freelance project right now. Did I mention the freelance project I'm working on?

Got advice today on my resume. Two points worth considering: first, I should have an opening statement saying what I want out of a prospective company. That begs the question, what do I want? To be answered later. Second, I should have a closing statement which moves the reader to an action. The most obvious of these being..."Call me!" (said melodramatically under one's breath with a phone-hand to one's ear).

I've also had suggestions about treating the sheet of paper as I should treat a design problem: by taking it apart and turning it into something completely new. perhaps inviting reader participation. I like this idea. I will think upon't.

No comments: