Dec 5, 2006

(Typo)Graphic Content

Typography. I have only recently begun to fumble around with it. Of course that doesn't mean I've never designed with text.

To date my fumblings and preferences have all sprung from my opinions, rather uneducated ones. "The Elements of Typographic Style" by Robert Bringhurst is seems to be a standard in desktop typographic reference. I'm currently reading the web-translation at http://webtypography.net/intro/. Unraveling the mystery. It's not so mysterious.

I'm hoping soon to have a few projects that deal exclusively with type. It would do me some good.

I'm also working on rebuilding my portfolio website, The Visual Field. Complaints have been basically that the portfolio images are too small and I've just grown generally tired with it. Currently it's a very simple and elegant idea, but the execution was lacking in refinement. I'll do better, I swear.

No comments: