Jan 2, 2007

It's So Now

You may have thought that because of the holiday season I'd be taking it real easy. You'd be wrong, El Capitan. With days off from my day job (only one more week to go) I'm working harder than ever. Here's a few things I'm working on right now.

Below are some business cards my brother and I collaborated on for our father. He was fussy as they get. Enjoy:



The general branding was done by my bro, I was more the layout artist here. I think they came out rather nicely. The way the words and logo on the front form a kind of building-scape is nice.

Next, I'm working on a logo for toy manufacturing startup. These are some of the first attempts. I'm having a trouble striking a balance between the two halves of their name. They are, as you can see, Intellitoys. They are a technological toy company. Cool right? Well, yes and no. As a designer, my task is to marry the cold ones and zeros of modern computer-chip technology with the cuddly-wuddly feel of a much-loved teddy bear, all the while remembering that their target market is the new "Apple" generation of iPoders, iTuners, and PodCasters with babies. Whew. I've got one word for you. Sisyphus.





I am open to ANY AND ALL suggestions/insights.

No comments: